At Chucktown Fitness it is ALL about staying healthy through this crazy virus that’s going around. Nutrition and exercise play a major role in immune system support. Below are a few of the food groups that can help boost your immune system. Don’t just add these to your diets during flu season. Add these year round to be better prepared for the diseases that spread every day. Taking some Vitamin C during a cold may help slow it down, but consuming these foods daily is a great preventative measure to keep you healthy.
Chicken and White Bean Soup
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 14-ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in sage and continue cooking until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Add beans and chicken and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Serve hot.
At Chucktown Fitness we not only focus on keeping you accountable with your exercise and fitness routine through group classes and personal training but with keeping you consistent with your nutrition plan. Consistency is KEY in order to reach your health and fitness goals. It is the toughest but it is key. Check us out to get started on your health and fitness plan. Contact us at email@example.com.